I flew home to Texas for Spring break and it is such a pleasure to do nothing (read, hang out, sleep, eat, etc.) for a few days. I spent the first two nights at my grandparents' house with my brother, sister, and cousin. I finished reading the first hinger games book and now I'm in chapter ten of the second one. It's not too bad. There was a guest preacher at church today; he preached the gospel and it made me joyful.
I've decided to fast from secular music on Sundays. It's not a huge sacrifice, but hopefully it will be a first step to greater sacrifices to strengthen my intimacy with God.
At Mimi's Cafe, an old man started to have a seizure and it kinds freaked me out. I called 911.
I visited my uncle's grave today at the cemetery. It got me thinking about death which obviously got me thinking about life. How fragile it is. How we take it for granted. How it's really the only thing we all have. So many people live their lives without considering death and just try to have a good time. Foolishness. Some are prepared for death and try to build a legacy of their name and memory. Foolishness. Few know that giving up one's life for God's sake, and forsaking their own life leads to eternal satisfaction, satisfaction that continues past the grave.
Don't live as a dead man; rise up. Get off you mat and walk. Be forgiven. Accept grace. Lose this life and gain life that lasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment