Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome Back.

I think it's high time for a blog post seeing as it has been a few nights and I have a lot to write about.

Wow, where to begin!

Well, I took my Chemistry and Health tests and so now there remains only dead week and two days of finals. That's good news. I've got a lot of studying to do.

I'm really excited about coming to Fort Worth for Christmas. Tori might come with me (still a might...)! Also I am very much in the Christmas Spirit. I'm listening to the classic Christmas tunes as well as the good ol' Bob Rivers stuff (check it out). I've already had some hot chocolate from Wa-Ho. Seriously, I'm psyched. :)

Today was super fun! I caught up on the office and watched an episode of Community which is very hilarious. It's a TV show about students at a community college. I played some video games with Clayton until Tori and he watched The Beautiful Mind starring Russell Crowe. I know it's a great movie and I really want to see it (because I haven't yet - don't judge) but we are watching it in my Health class next week for extra credit so I thought I would wait until then.

Instead I met up with Erin S. from Caldwell and we headed to the student center for some W.O.W., which stands for World of Wings. It is mighty good. However, it was closed, so we decided to go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I love that place and Erin had only been once. That was really fun and if the ride there hadn't been so short, I would have played some more songs by Postal Service for her. She hasn't heard any of them! But I forgave her and warned her that I was about to introduce her to a whole bunch of great new music.

So something unfortunate happened. :( I got pulled over. About 30 seconds after I pulled out of the Five Guys parking lot, the cop turned on his siren & lights. After sitting in his car for about 15 minutes, he decided to come get my license and tell me that I had been driving "for a while" with my headlights off. WHAT? OH CRAP! Ugh. Stupid headlights!! The only thing that made me upset is that he thought that I was driving for a while with my headlights off. I had just pulled out onto the street! Ugh! The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I can no longer say that I've never been pulled over, and when people ask me why I got pulled over that ONE time, I'll have to justify it and explain myself. Thanks, A. Brinn of the Atlanta PD. I guess I'm not too upset about it. So...

Me and Erin came back to Fitten and we hung out in my room looking at each others' pictures on Facebook. Then, Haley joined us after a tiring session of square dancing. It was nice to see her. After Addison FINALLY decided to join us (haha), us three watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It's so good! Even after the first three times! So that was fun.

I can't wait to finish out this semester and even the year. I got some big plans. :)

Peace out

P.S. Team Rod plays in the Capture The Flag (CTF) tournament tomorrow. WOO!

7 comments:

  1. So did you get a ticket when you got pulled over? You didn't say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Brinn actually cited you for that?? Shoot. That's a moving violation, isn't it? If so, you'll need to take defensive driving to keep the insurance premiums from going up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Matthew,
    It's "A" beautiful mind.

    and it's the best movie ever created. NBD.

    Just sayin.

    ps. it's almost christmas break :)

    ReplyDelete