Monday, February 20, 2012

Life is busy.

I have not posted in a while. That may be because I have been super busy recently. The past two weekends I spent leading a D-Now in Conyers, and then training for SWAT (Students With A Testimony) in Athens. I thoroughly enjoy my time spent with D-Now stuff; essentially I just grow closer to Jesus. So that's legit. My weekends from now on are going to be pretty busy. I find it extremely difficult to put care toward my studies when Jesus and His Kingdom are so important to me. Oh well. For just under 2 months, the Lord has taught me about prayer. It is almost disheartening; what am I not getting? These are the important characteristics that every Christians' prayer life should possess:

  • constant (Isaiah 62:6-7; 1 Thessalonians 5:17; Luke 18:1-8; Romans 12:12)
  • solo (Matthew 6:6)
  • yet corporate (Acts 2:42, 12:5)
  • desiring God's will - the expansion of His Kingdom (Luke 22:42)
So I need to work on all of those. It's hard to pray constantly and fervently. It's hard to do it on my own. It's hard to do it with friends. It's hard to pray for what should be prayed. I want to get better so I'm asking God (in prayer) to enhance my prayer life.

2 comments:

  1. I know that I always have a hard time with prayer. Recently, I decided that whenever I was tempted with ungodly thoughts I would pray for someone in my family or anyone who came to mind. By doing that I have been able to battle a lot of things. God knows what I want for myself and by praying for someone else I feel like I am praying for myself.. without thinking about it. If that makes sense : P Prayer is soooo powerful. And I'm not just saying that. I've always heard that prayer is powerful but not until these recent months have I truly come to understand it.

    I guess I have something to add to my prayer list. Pray for Matthew for an enhanced prayer life. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good strategy! :) and thank you so much! It means a lot to me if you would remember me in your prayers. and thanks for the comment.

    P.S. I kinda miss you and Summit. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete