Sunday, December 12, 2010

Finals and Other Thoughts

Yep I'm studying for finals and it's disgruntling. I'll be going to Wa-Ho and Second Ponce de Leon Baptist Church in a few hours. I still need to make my four pages of crib sheets for my Chemistry final. That's gonna take a while. The department of housing of GT is feeding Fitten residences free Moe's mexican food tomorrow as an apology for all the noisy and obstructive construction right next to us. I'm looking forward to that. I'm kinda upset because I;m only allowed to have a pen for my math test when my friends who have different teachers let their students have notes and/or a calculator. That makes me upset that he is being such a [derogatory name placement]. Anyways, some of my friends are experiencing drama. I thought I left that in high school but I don't mind being the guy that people come to talk to. I feel like I'm a good mediator. I love my friends even if they can be immature sometimes. I gotta forgive them because I am also pretty immature. God still has a lot of work to do on me. Praise God.

I am remembering 1 Corinthians 13 now. It starts off, "Love is patient..." I feel like maybe that's the most important one (even though they are all equally important, of course). I feel like waiting for God to let the love to work out between you and your spouse-to-be is the wisest plan of action. It's good to stay pure for that person. It's hared being patient though. For me, I know a lot of (very) beautiful, strong Christian women and I have to automatically nix any thoughts of a dating relationship with any of them; God wants me to be single until the right person is ready. The human part of me wishes that I, like my friends, could have a relationship like the one where you've got one person that is above other people in your eyes, even above yourself. A person that you want to impress. A person, that when they show you attention, can make you experience something more desirable than bliss. A person that enjoy simply being around. And thinking about that kind of relationship, I realize that's the relationship I need, want, and have with Jesus. I don't need any human to fulfill my life or to give it meaning. I don't need you, future wife. I need only Jesus. I want a relationship with a human like that but I don't need one. I'm not even anywhere near ready for that kind of relationship. I'm too weak and fragile. Too selfish. I'll be ready later in life when I am a stronger slave for Him. I know me and my wife will do great things for Him in the future so I don't want to ruin that by letting my imperfect, corrupted, and dirty self get in the way of his pure, holy, and worthy wisdom and guidance. Wow, so much to say. He is so awesome! When I start to think about dating a girl, I remember that if I wait until the moment when God is ready, all the waiting will have been worth it. That moment will be like no other, on this earth at least. Love is patient.

Peace out

P.S. I can't wait for Tuesday because I'll drive for 13.5 hours and finally be home. :) (yes I'm stopping on the way home, Mom. haha)

5 comments:

  1. "Love is patient..." is actually from 1 Corinthians 13:4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Mattsie! I'm proud of that blog post and of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I bought you that Joshua Harris book way back when. So proud of you choosing to do the hard things, like his younger twin brothers' book. When the timing IS finally right it will be so much better for you both because you chose God's standard over your own. Protect your heart as fiercely as your virginity. Loss of both is permanent. And your grandmother and I both thank you for wise decision about your journey home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend, I've been thinking along these same lines recently and I've really found a sense of contentment and peace and belonging and happiness about all of it. We need to talk soon!

    Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany: Thanks! that means a lot. :)

    Mom: I never finished either of those books. They were too boring. :) But thanks! and will do.

    Haley: Sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete