Check out this blog my friend Melissa M. showed me! It's really legit! At one point, she explains, "It is within the eyes of the poor that I have seen the most clear image of Jesus." That's awesome! Wanna know why? Check out Matthew 25:34-40!
"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come those who are blessed by My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundations of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see you a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe you? When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to You?' The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly, I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me."
The author has of the blog post has it exactly right! It is really refreshing for disciples to read this blog post. :)
God, convict me of helping the helpless. Atlanta is a massive mission field. The harvest is so plentiful. Give me more fellow laborers to reap the harvest with which You have blessed me. Let the pieces fall into place that allow me to be an aid to the needy. I want them to see You; I want them to know You.
No comments:
Post a Comment